Monday, March 23, 2009

Nos lo pasamos bien


Valencia is where I spent the weekend, enjoying the nice semi-warm weather and Spanish culture. Unfortunately Las Fallas, which is a fiesta where they burn large paper-maiche (spelling?) objects criticizing or reflecting the events of the past year, ended on Thursday and we arrived on Friday afternoon. However, that did not stop us from having a good time. We spent time walking around the city doing the normal toursity stuff while trying to act like a true Spainard - climbing the tower of the Cathedral, eating tapas and drinking tinto de verano (red wine with lemon soda), seeing the complex of the arts and sciences, and of course shopping. We ate true Valencian paella, its birthplace is Valencia, which had chicken, rabbit, and vegetables, and drank a famous local drink called horchata which is made from earth almonds and has a milky texture - very good and refreshing. We spent some time walking along the beach and enjoyed the Mediterranean Sea - although the water was a little too cold me! Overall it was a very relaxing weekend and one and a half days is the perfect amount of time to enjoy all Valencia has to offer.


On a side note, if I have a lot of spelling errors, I apologize. I can no longer spell in English, as I get confused with endings - tion, -sion, etc.., the order of letters, and words in general. I hope that means my Spanish is that much better, but I'm not so sure about that! Until next time, enjoy this picture of the Mediterranean Sea!!

1 comment:

  1. The two Katies and I had a Las Fallas of our own when I went up to visit last week, in which we burned a giant paper-mache depiction of your head.

    ReplyDelete