Thursday, May 14, 2009

Me parece un poco triste

At 4:30 this morning I watched my roommate hop into a taxi and head for the airport. I, however, came back to bed! I can't even describe how I feel right now. Honestly, I'm not so sure it has hit me. I feel like I have taken every day here for granted. I honestly can't believe it's already the middle of May - time really does fly by when you're having fun!

This has been the experience of a lifetime. However, for me it's not over - I'm in Seville for 2 more weeks (awaiting the arrival of my brother and his girlfriend!), head to Madrid for 2 weeks, and then until August 1st I'll be working in a hotel in Marbella - a city on the costa del sol. Rough life, right? :) I'm more nervous about the upcoming weeks than I was heading over to Spain because I knew the people who were studying abroad with me were in the same boat. However, I have no idea what my life will look like for the next 2 months. Chances are my roommate won't speak English, which is great if I can practice my Spanish, I'll be exploring new territory, and be continuing to enjoy this wonderful culture to which I have adapted.
I'm not good at goodbyes. I have met some of the most incredible people while being here. I have also learned about myself and others (such as the interaction between people) more than I could have imagined. I still think I just arrived yesterday!






No comments:

Post a Comment