Monday, February 16, 2009

maomeno


What exactly does maomeno mean you ask? Well the first time I ever saw it written was in a text message and I thought the person just didn't know how to type. Oh how I was wrong. It really means mas o menos (more or less), but it is just spelled like it is said here in Sevilla. One of the biggest problems I've had since being here is understanding what is being said because they cut all of their words short. Day by day I am slowly learning what is really being said, and it makes me think about whether un extranjero in Greenville/the United States would be able to understand me when I'm talking with my friends or family.


Saturday I spent the day in Jerez and Arcos, two pueblos near Sevilla, where we went to a bodega (winery) and a horse show. It was a fun, relaxing day, although sampling sherry at 11:00 in the morning is a little too early! On Sunday my roommate and I went out with some locals and really immersed ourselves into the culture. It was really fun, but as I was meeting one person he said, "You aren't from around here are you?" So goes the story of my life..... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment