Monday, February 2, 2009


This past week my parents and I spent the week traveling around different parts of Spain via a rental car. Needless to say it was quite an experience! At one point we were backing down a street because we realized at the end of the road the car was too big to fit through the narrow opening, and this was after we drove over some cathedral steps. Just another typical day in Spain! We spent some time in the mountainous region and then headed down to the Mediterranean Sea - gorgeous views all around. I am really fortunate that they were able to come and spend some time with me. It was great to be able to show them where I live and my daily life here in Spain; on Thursday they are going to come eat lunch with my host family! That is going to be quite the adventure - I guess I'll be the translator, although my dad knows more Spanish than I thought he did. Who knew!?!
Today we started another class - an intensive period of grammar. This will be good for me because even after being here for a month my grammar is still very rusty. My professor is very fun so it should hopefully be a good 3 weeks - not that everyday hasn't been good! I'm trying to live everyday to the fullest and take as much in as possible - I'm learning more about Spanish norms and customs and am trying to keep an open mind even when I do eat boiled squid. I'm quickly finding out that it's the little things that make a culture so unique! Until next time mucho amor!

1 comment:

  1. Backing over the Cathedral steps huh... That reminds me of the Griswolds European vacation when Clark bumped his car into Stonhenge, and as they drove away it toppled like dominoes. Maybe y'all should go back and check on the cathedral; or on second thought, maybe not. :>

    ReplyDelete