Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Que Pasa

Friday afternoon some of my friends and I decided we'd go to a little village outside of Sevilla, called Carmona, for the afternoon to have a nice quiet lunch and explore new territory. After a long journey of trying to figure out where to catch the bus (if you ask someone for directions you get the same response no matter where you are) and then a delightful meal of salad, porkchops, and french fries we set off to enjoy the day. As we were walking up to the lookout in Carmona we saw these 2 guys on a motorcycle. Well, I turned around to look at them because they seemed like they were up to no good, and as I did the guy on the back grabbed my arm trying to steal my purse. My cell phone went flying and hit the ground and at that point I realized that my arm was throbbing. Luckily I am fine and they didn't get anything. However, I do have a nasty bruise to show for it.





Saturday night kicked off Carnaval in Cadiz, Spain in anticipation for the season of Lent (similiar to Mardi Gras in New Orleans) so we took a trip there. Four of us dressed up as the characters from Peter Pan (I was Tiger Lily) and enjoyed our time there. It was one of the craziest experiences of my life - I have never seen so much alcohol. There were over half a million people there and at one point I wasn't even walking, yet I was moving because of all the pushing and shoving. I'm glad I got to experience it at least once, but I do not think it is something that I ever want to do again! We didn't get home until 6:00AM so Sunday was a day to catch up on sleep!

There's a Cirque de Soleil, Valekai, show playing right now in Sevilla so we went to that on Sunday night. It was a lot of fun - I can't believe how flexible some people are. We couldn't take pictures inside the show, but if you ever get a chance to go to a Cirque de Soleil I highly recommend it!

That's all for now....I might need to go do some homework :)

1 comment:

  1. I tried to post here earlier - but the character recognition security thingy was down. My comments were brilliant, of course, but I can;t remember what they were. Interesting post - keep up the good work. (Can't wait to read your McD's post.)

    ReplyDelete